Getting and land a job should be fair and building the perfect resume should be simple. we can create awareness about tools and resources that can help people living with disabilities take control of their careers.
With help in resume creation Outreach & Communications Coordinator can assist. visit there https://www.resumebuilder.com/comprehensive-resume-and-career-guide-for-people-with-disabilities/.
Engineering is a great career option for many veterans re-entering the workforce following their service. It also provides various opportunities to support many different niche interests within the larger field. Here are some of the topics our guide covers:
- Why Veterans Should Work in Engineering
- Transferable Military Skills
- Careers in Engineering
- Choosing a Preferred Degree
- Engineering Industry Certifications for Veterans
- Professional Engineering Licenses
Hiring Heroes: Why Veterans should consider MDOC:
- Guaranteed interview when meeting the minimum job qualifications.
- Maine doesn’t tax your retirement pension!
- We value Veterans’ experience, integrity, leadership, skills and abilities.
- Work with other Veterans in uniformed and non-uniformed status.
- We offer mission-driven public service, teamwork, and camaraderie.
- Be a supportive role model to incarcerated Veterans and civilians.
- Active in the National Guard? MDOC offers 17 days paid military leave.
Connect with a Veterans Representative at a Maine Department of Labor CareerCenter for career-search assistance. Veterans and eligible spouses are given priority of service for the receipt of employment, training and placement services provided under most Maine Department of Labor-funded programs.
Not only do we build ships for the military, but many veterans and their spouses, as well as active Guard and Reserve members play a key role in building these ships. Here at Bath Iron Works, we deeply value our talented military workforce. Many skills that are learned in the military are transferable in the shipyard, with many roles in direct relevance to military experience.
We are an employer of choice in supporting Maine’s veterans and have been recognized for our commitment to hire veterans.
Additionally, we partner with Boots2Roots, a non-profit focused on preparing active duty military members for their transition in the state of Maine, and DoD SkillBridge, an internship program which connects transitioning service members to career job training opportunities. We are also proud to be part of Military.com’s Hiring Commitment program, which further expresses our commitment to hire U.S. military veterans and their spouses.
Employer of Choice for Maine Hire a Vet
We pledge to interview every vet that applies for an Oakhurst position.
lmet Technologies is a dynamic and growing company specializing in the manufacture of tungsten and molybdenum products since 1929. If you’re looking for a position with a progressive company serving a wide range of cutting edge industries, we invite you to consider a career with Elmet Technologies. Elmet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about starting or advancing your career by working at Elmet, here!